Wednesday, June 29, 2022

The Adventure Van: Part 2

The Adventure continued as Ally came to spend a few days with us in Draper.   

Raquel invited us up to her Stansbury Lake for a nice chill afternoon with the kayaks and paddle boards.    Clara and Emily both weren't feeling well so they stayed home.  



Then it was the annual Pace Cousin's Lagoon Day.  




Raquel took Aaron home so he could spend the day with Dayson and go fishing.  The girls were at Girls Camp so Spencer and I tagged a long with Ally and Matt's side of the family.  I had read about this family friendly hike to Gloria Falls so we loaded up the van and went up Little Cottonwood Canyon.  I joked that all of Ally's family vacation pictures have Spencer in them.  He gets along so well with her kids and blends in so well it's almost like he is one of her kids.  




The next day we set out for Splash Summit (formerly Seven Peaks) but on the way the weather looked iffy and none of us wanted to pay the $24 price tag per kid for it to close for inclement weather.   We detoured to Provo Beach instead.   I was so impressed with this rec center.  10 out of 10.  I wish it was housed in Draper.   For $4 each it had a couple big slides, wave pool, splash pad/kids area and a really fun indoor pool.  We chose well because about an hour into our fun it started pouring so we all went inside for an hour or so and splashed around and then the monsoon moved on and it was all sunshine and fun outside.  


These two fish.   Probably jumped into the wave pool a hundred or so times.   This time they tried synchronized backward jumping.   They were a little off but  Clara chose the splits and Spencer said Aye, Aye captain crunch.  




No comments:

Post a Comment