Tuesday, June 21, 2022

A scout in training

Aaron's scout troop met each Monday and did all sorts of fun things.   


They made homemade marble runs.  

experimented making Rogberg machine 



For the Blue and Gold Banquet Aaron wanted to make a Sarlacc Pit from Star Wars to be auctioned.  It was a huge hit amongst the star wars peeps out there. 




Aaron's troop spend a few hours learning about





Aaron's troop was in charge of the Spring Carnival.    He decided he wanted to make a rubberband gun  shooting stand.  I got pretty good at reloading the gun.   It was such a hit we should have brought extra ones.     

Bart's childhood Mitt has been well loved.  First by him and then with Aaron and now with Spencer who often goes out with Aaron to play catch.   One day he told me he couldn't go play ball with Aaron because the Mitt was broken.   I noticed that the leather strings were missing.    I said Oh Well it's had it day.   Aaron being a MacGyver on the other hand got out a shoe lace and ties it back together and it's good as new.   Actually better than new because a worn in glove is priceless 

Aaron practiced his handyman skills for me.  My mom gave me this lamp for Christmas that came in a million pieces.  It promptly made it's way to the piano room corner and stayed there for months.   When I realized I needed a lamp for my guest room and Aaron needed something to do I gave him the box and without any help he got the tools out, read the instructions and assembled it in a jiffy.  

The troop ended their year as Wolves at Cub Country in Camp Tracy.  






No comments:

Post a Comment