Aaron came home from school with a Thankful letter to Bart and I. I've searched the house for it and am so bummed I can't find it. Basically it said this
"Dear Mom and Dad"
Thank you for the roof over my head. Thank you for the food that I eat. And thank you mom for watching the clone wars with me.
Love,
Aaron
| Aaron and his favorite sleeping pal "Grogu" |
A while back I glanced through the book "Love language for kids". I didn't read all of it but I got the message that as parents we need to figure out how our kids feel love from us. The other 3 are harder to pin point but I knew exactly what Aaron needs. He loves physical touch and he loves star wars. Since birth he is always touching things figuring them out with his hands sort of a kid. I made a commitment to give Aaron more affection. I started rubbing his back and feet and now it's our thing before he goes to bed. Since Aaron started watching star wars at 3 he will jabber on and on about it with me. While watching the Mandalorin together the show would mention things I didn't understand and he would say mom that's in the clone wars. After the series was finished he was convinced I needed to watch the Clone Wars to fully understand everything going on with all the many off shots of the story. I committed to it before I realized that there were 7 seasons with 22 episodes each 25 minute . It took about 8-9 months but it became a motivator to get him to finish his school work and piano. and then we would watch an episode afterwards. I'm not going to lie it was painful at times but we kept on. Not sure a whole lot of cartoon wars and violence and just a little bit of relationship stuff is my type of show.
To get this letter made it all worth the 55 hours and 41 minutes. I love that star wars bonds us together. I'm also a little proud that I feel like I'm at expert level knowledge with all things star wars! I'm still not as good as Aaron is at connecting all the story lines together with certain things that happened in one show but at least I can keep up with the characters.
Next up is the Book of Boba Fett. Aaron can hardly wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment