Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Capable Aaron

 A few weeks ago I was swinging Spencer  and Aaron was casually swinging across the monkey bars and I ask him how many pull ups he can do.   He was confused about what I meant by "pull up" and after some instruction I was surprised he couldn't do any.    So I challenged him that if could do 5 pull ups I would go buy him a swing drink and cookie.   That brought a sparkle to his eye and he pulled and pulled but couldn't make it happen.   I told him it was something he was going to have to work at and over time it would be easier.   Later  I found him on youtube looking through videos about how to train yourself to do pull ups.    For a week or so he went out every day and worked on it until he got blisters on his hands.  Within that week he amazed me by showing me that he could already do 3 pull ups.     Then we took off for Teasdale and he took a  break from training.     A couple days after we got back we were outside and I said "Aaron how many pull ups can you do now."     He jumped up on the monkey bars and just like that he did 5!    It was then off to swing for my strong capable Aaron's reward!!




2 comments: