Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Jane Richards "teachers assistant"

In all of the changes with school and the workload being shifted to home I'm beyond grateful for how responsible and conscientious Jane is with her school work.    I never worry if she's caught up on her work.   She's the early bird gets the worm sort of a gal.  I had to laugh because early into digital learning  I asked Jane about her virtual class meetings.  She told me how some of the kids just goof off and how annoying they are.  I ask her if she talks in the meetings and she said "Yeah a lot.  In fact I should tone it down a little."  


A few weeks into digital learning Jane was awarded to be the CEO of the month in April for the trait "responsibility".    Jane's teacher dropped off a box with the certificate and a bag of goodies and then Bart and I joined her google class meeting and listened to her teacher go on and on about how much she appreciates all Jane does for her class, how she keeps them all on task and is so responsible and is an example to all the other kids.   

Jane's teacher has a weekly drawing for a small gift card with all the students who came to all the google class meetings.  For weeks diligent Jane never missed a meeting hoping each week she would be drawn for the gift card.    Finally on Cinco de Mayo Mrs. Allan knocked on the door and said she thought Jane deserved the Del Taco gift card for Cinco de Mayo because she's been so diligent and hardworking at home school.    Jane was so beaming with happiness at the gesture.    I then said now that you've got the gift card if we want to go hiking or do something fun you can  miss the meetings right.  Jane responded with "No I can't just miss the meetings.  I have to go to every one of them or I'd be missing school."  



Jane just finished up her wax museum flipgrid, which is a recording she made and submitted to her class of her historical figure she was given.  Jane was Abigail Adams!    She looked so adorable as a colonial woman and did a fantastic job with her report and presentation.   



  




No comments:

Post a Comment