Compliments are nice. Especially when they come from Bart 😉 and not creepy old guys at church. But no amount of compliments feel as good as standing on top of Bald mountain peak in the Uintas knowing just a couple of years ago my body would have never let me do it. Sure it was only a 3 mile hike but it was straight up a mountain and I'm proud to say I was just behind the small group of mountain goat type of kids who practically bounced up the hill. I was pushing along just behind a one of the boys who is an Alta High track star who will tell you he is proud to be black because he likes killing everyone in meets. Just as I was feeling proud that I could keep up with such an athlete, a couple coming down the hill stopped me to ask if that boy was with me. I mentioned we are with a youth group and they said you know he's hiking in flip flops. So I was a little humbled that my fast pace was his hiking in flip flops. At the top I sat and talked to my secretary Paauna , who overcame drug addiction. We talked about health and the word of wisdom and she had some wonderful motivating words and then she said let me take your picture. My deepest prayer is that I can always remember how good it feels to be strong and I maintain my health and activity to continue to enjoy all this Earth can offer. Saturday, August 4, 2018
To my health
Compliments are nice. Especially when they come from Bart 😉 and not creepy old guys at church. But no amount of compliments feel as good as standing on top of Bald mountain peak in the Uintas knowing just a couple of years ago my body would have never let me do it. Sure it was only a 3 mile hike but it was straight up a mountain and I'm proud to say I was just behind the small group of mountain goat type of kids who practically bounced up the hill. I was pushing along just behind a one of the boys who is an Alta High track star who will tell you he is proud to be black because he likes killing everyone in meets. Just as I was feeling proud that I could keep up with such an athlete, a couple coming down the hill stopped me to ask if that boy was with me. I mentioned we are with a youth group and they said you know he's hiking in flip flops. So I was a little humbled that my fast pace was his hiking in flip flops. At the top I sat and talked to my secretary Paauna , who overcame drug addiction. We talked about health and the word of wisdom and she had some wonderful motivating words and then she said let me take your picture. My deepest prayer is that I can always remember how good it feels to be strong and I maintain my health and activity to continue to enjoy all this Earth can offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To your health!
ReplyDelete