Now anytime we walk through the door he calls out soccer (pause) ball (it's adorable to see his little mouth formulate that two word phrase). He isn't happy until one is in his hand and he won't let it go and carries it everywhere. He will often track down Jane's cleats and proudly exclaims "soccer (pause) shoes" and walks around with the ball in hand and cleats on his little feet. He keeps them on until it is time to go and has to be threatened to either leave the shoes and ball or he stays home with it. Nothing is worse to Spencer than being left home so he drops them but searches again we arrive back home.
Last week as I was doing laundry I look up to find Spencer like this.
He had sifted through the piles of laundry and found Jane's soccer jersey and soccer shorts. He took off his pjs, somehow dressed himself, then found her cleats and ball. Pretty smart cookie if I say so myself. When I said "Spencer what are you doing" he said soccer (pause) clothes. I let him play like it for a while happy as a clam but oh you should have seen him howl, kick and tantrum when the batch of colors came due to be washed and he had to give them up.
Since then he is always on the look out for soccer stuff. Her unattended soccer backpack is a gold mine. He likes to accessorize his outfit with her water bottle and will exclaim when he find it "soccer (pause) ba ba." We've had to hide the clothes and cleats or else he scatters them around and it turns into a stressful mess when carpool is coming and Jane can't find her outfit. That doesn't stop Spencer he continues to be on the look out for her outfit and is often digging through her room looking for it. One morning when I got him up for the day, I noticed he'd been snuggling with her jersey and shorts all night. He's also been throwing fits when we put on his PJ's declaring he wants soccer clothes instead.
He was tickled pink as he tore her doll clothes out of the dolls wardrobe chest and found a little pair of doll soccer shoes. For a while he kept trying to get them on his feet. He finally gave up that battle and resorted to simple carrying them around in one hand all day.
We all can't help but smile and cater to our Crazy Soccer loving boy. Bart calls him his baller, Jane and Emily are constantly kicking the ball to him, Aaron is always helping him find his ball and I broke down and bought him this mini soccer goal for valentines day.
So Here's to lots more "SCORES" in our house





He may just be the cutest child to ever walk the planet...!!!
ReplyDelete