Thank Heavens for Christmas Break!! After running non stop the home body in me throughly enjoyed staying home for most of it.
I loved that most days my apple watched showed "no more events"
I caught up on some much needed cleaning and organizing and the kids enjoyed discovering their toys and taking lots of pictures with my phone.
Aaron had a couple of lego sets to put together and was over the top kiddy when Bart sat down with him one day after work and helped him build them
The movie "Wonder" was on our list to see but Jane and I hadn't read the book yet so we spent some of each day reading it together before we saw it on New Year's Day.
Spencer loved having all his favorite people home and Jane loved playing the game "guppies" with Spencer
The Weather has been unseasonably warm and the girls enjoyed lots of time outside on the electric scooter their dad bought them for Christmas.
We did manage to get out of the house a couple of times. We met up with the Richards cousins at the zoo.
We also went on the Grand America Hotel scavenger hunt which led us to this gigantic gingerbread house.
At the end of the break I could tell my kids were getting really stir crazy being home. Emily and Jane reported boredom a few times, Aaron was especially hyper and grabby with Spencer. I was reminded that although I'm content to be house bound most days my kids are not. So onto the New Year of school and scheduled activities! Pray it doesn't kill me off!
















We don’t go back til Monday the 8th. Longest. Break. Ever.
ReplyDeleteThat pic of Jane and half naked Spencer = perfection! Cute one of you and him at the zoo, too. Yay for recuperation!
ReplyDelete