Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Say it louder

Spencer prefers to scream to get his needs met but he does have a lot of words that we encourage.   I think he is on the verge of a language explosion as I'm seeing a lot of word approximations of words he imitates.  This excites me like no other because this kid needs words!!!  He has developed this high pitch squeal that sends my nerves to the moon with anguish.    Emily did the same thing at this age and I retreat within myself when he's doing it and tell myself "It won't last forever".  

Here is his 16 month language sample:

Ah Oh  ( He loves hearing himself say this word.   Sometimes he will drop something just so he can say it over and over again.)

doe  (go)

ane (Jane, he often calls for her when he wakes up)

Ma (milk or mom)

Ba (sippy cup)

da da (dad)

yes

No

side (outside)

ba (ball)

siz (shoes)

mo  (more-usually when he wants candy)

da da da (when he sings Darth Vader's song with Aaron)

dow (down)

aa (up, when he wants me to hold him)

Mie (Mine, usually if someone takes something he is playing with)

nigh nigh (I've heard this a couple of times when he's willing to take a nap and says it to me when I lay him down)


Perhaps my favorite though is when he hears the phrase "time for a prayer" he prompting folds his arms before anyone else and waits with the most enthusiastic proud of himself smile and then makes sounds throughout the prayer as if he is saying it himself.





I love this kid

2 comments: