One early afternoon during our stay in Teasdale we set off with a picnic to share with Grandpa Dick who was cutting hay in Grover. As we were driving through town my dad called to say he was rained out and was on his way home. So we decided to detour back to the Teasdale Park to eat our lunch there. As we were driving back through town we pasted by the Bookmobile parked in an old familiar spot What is the Bookmobile you ask? Well it's basically a library on wheels. Growing up it was the only library 100 miles around and it came every other Thurday. if I remember right. Nostalgia swept over me with so many memories of the joyful summer days when the Bookmobile came to town. Sometimes I would be playing with my bestie Melanie at her house and run over with her or other times I would bike into town alone or with a sister or two with a great anticipation for my next book to read.
Of course I had to stop and experience it once again with my kids.
| The Entrance |
| Finding a book |
The old Bookmobile looked and smelled the same as I remember. The only difference was instead of this lady it was an old grumpy balding man who sometimes refused to let me check out "Sweet Valley High" books, because he thought I was too young. Allyson told me once that in 4th grade he tried to talk her out of checking out "The Work and the Glory" because it was too big for a 4th grader. Allyson stood her ground and got out the door with it.
Oh such sweet memories of a book worm!
Oh, I remember SVH! Memories!
ReplyDeleteI had to LOL at the sweet valley high books, it totally took me back. I can probably find some at the house if you want me to pass them on to Emily...
ReplyDelete