1st Stop St. Maarten: Tuesday October 21
This by far was my favorite stop of the trip. I fell in love with the old spanish architecture and feel of the city. At a city park we ran into a man who owned birds. There we took this picture. Jane wasn't at all excited about the birds and demanded that none of them touch her. Aaron thought it was great seeing me with a bird on my head and Emily was game having one perched on her shoulder.
At this point Bart, Aaron and the rest of the crew went back to the ship. I stayed behind to catch a tour of the governors mansion and to spent some time with my girls walking through the shops looking for small souvenirs that could each take home.
| I was a disappointed that they didn't take us inside the mansion. Especially when they explained part of it was build to resemble a castle inside. The outside garden was so beautiful with so many trees that were planted as gifts from around the world. The dungeon was also pretty cool and creepy!! |
It was pretty sad to leave behind Puerto Rico. I would love to return and spend more time there again.
3rd stop: Grand Turk
After trekking around the previous ports. It was fabulous to walk right off the ship and be on the beach. This wasn't any ordinary beach either. The cruise ships had palm trees and beach chairs available and a fresh water pool steps away. In the morning we spent time at the beach.
After lunch Jane was done with being wet and wanted to go the kids care. I then took Aaron back to the room and took a nap while Bart and Emily experienced the fresh water pool by the beach. I guess Emily, Ben, and Max wanted to practice some of the aerobatic moves they've been watching each night at the cruises entertainment shows. It's so fun to see these cousins so happy together.



Love that picture of the whole family in the water!
ReplyDelete