Sunday, March 23, 2014
She's a good friend
The other night as we were at a local skating rink supporting Emily's school I sat on a bench with Aaron and watched Emily run into a couple of friends. Immediately they took off together to skate. I noticed one of the girls wasn't comfortable on skates and needed this walker thing to stay upright. How impressed I was with Emily and her other friend Victoria. They took this girl on the skating rink and helped her along so she could be part of the fun. That's the kind of friend Emily is!!!
As Emily gets ready to be baptized in a few weeks I cant' help but feel so proud of the amazing girl she has become. Of course she's still the same "strong willed" Emily who hates to be told "No". That same strong will also makes her a great student who is driven to succeed. I love the big smile on her face when she comes home beaming with 100% on her spelling test or that she has passed off another rocket math sheet. She just finished subtraction and will start multiplication. Emily's very responsible and independent. I think she enjoys being in charge of her life. In the mornings she gets up on her own, dresses, packs a lunch and watches the clock and leaves at exactly 8:20 to catch the bus. She has yet to miss the bus which helps make our mornings stress free. When she gets home she often gets right on completing her "things" so she can have her privileges. These involve her homework, reading and piano. I'm also so impressed with what a kind family member she is. She's the first to share any treat she has and is so great to always include Jane in her play. She continues to adore Aaron, even when he sneaks into her treat stash or destroys her things. The other day Aaron ripped one of her precious drawings. I saw her instant frustration and anger and expected her to lay into Aaron but instead of acting on it she took a breath and simply said "Oh well it's just a paper." Yesterday while we were at the store she said "I really want to give daddy his favorite treat for April Fools Day". She took her own hard earned money and while we were running errands she found a big box of milk duds bought it and wrapped it up to give her to her dad in a week. That's how thoughtful Emily is!
How lucky I am to be Emily's mom. I can't wait to see what great things await her!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love Emily! I am so happy that she has made the decision to be baptized.
ReplyDelete