My girls know that I only buy cereal that is a good deal. Since it's a fixed price at Sam's club I seldom buy it there. One day while shopping at Sam's my girls for some odd reason really wanted my to buy a huge double pack box of Cheerios. I asked them if they even like plain old Cheerios. They both enthusiastically said "Oh yeah we love them!!!!" I then fell into the trap of their persistent cries and I stuck it in the cart. For a few weeks I noticed that the two huge boxes sat unopened while the usual favorites continued to come and go. When the favorites were close to being gone Emily told me that I needed to go get more cereal I reminded her that there were still Cheerios to be eaten. Funny but the same girl who "Loves, loves, loves" Cheerios all the sudden tells me they are so gross. I calmly informed she and Jane that I will NOT be buying any more cereal until both boxes of Cheerios are totally gone. After all it was there idea that I buy them. Reluctantly they started on the long drudgery road to eat all the Cheerios. After a couple of days Bart noticed his cereal was not being replenished and asked me to buy him more. I simply told him what I said to the girls the I was not going to be buying any more cereal until the Cheerios are gone. He squinted his face like a little boy and said "But I didn't ask you to buy those Cheerios" (Life is hard for Bart when he can't eat his trusty old Honey Bunches of Oats for Breakfast). During the quest it was a nice change when I made waffles, pancakes or oatmeal and my girls would both cheer instead of try to convince me why they should eat cereal instead. When we were finally on the home stretch with only a few bowls to go Jane was hungry for breakfast but was just not wanting any more Cheerios. Emily in her best persuasive voice said "Common Jane, you've got to have another bowl, it's almost gone and then mom will go buy us fun cereal"
I suspect nobody will be asking me to buy Cheerios anytime soon
I agree - plain Cheerios are gross, but I adore the multigrain Cheerios. Funny, huh? Doug can't stand the smell of any Cheerios. I've sometimes used plain Cheerios in the place of Rice Crispies when making Rice Crispie treats. They're at least edible that way, but Rice Crispies are sooo much better. Gimme a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats (with some Craisins, yum!) any day.
ReplyDeleteYou should have let them make Cheerio necklaces for the whole family to munch on during a movie!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I'm NOT a cold cereal fan at all but I really like the new Dark Chocolate Crunch Cheerios - they are especially delicious with coconut almond milk :)