Aaron is a perfect baby but a bad boy when it comes to sleeping at night. Right now he is up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The other night I had him in bed with me while he was nursing and Emily appears because she had a bad dream. She cuddles with her dad for a while and then because I am not a fan of the family bed I kick him awake to go put her back in her bed. (The rule in my house is I am in charge of the baby and Bart is in charge of the girls if they wake up). So he carries her back to bed. A short time later Emily is back because she can't fall asleep. I tell her to get some blankets and she can sleep on our floor. Some time goes by and she's back in our bed because she still can't fall asleep. A while later and Jane appears because she woke up and became worried because Emily is not in her bed. By this time I just waved her over to her dad who sticks her in bed with us. I don't sleep when I have babies or kids in my bed so I just laid there exhausted and remembered after I had Jane my Grandma Morrell went on and on about what a glorious time it was when all of her children were so small. Thinking that my crowded bed was anything but glorious I realized there will come a time when my kids won't want to be right next to me all the time so I put my arms around all of them and decided to enjoy the moment.
Good thing we have a California King. Not sure how you have family with anything smaller.
 |
| At least without a dog we still have a little leg room!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment