Friday, May 25, 2012

Disneyland


Friday we were all up and at Disneyland when it opened.  I'm telling you the way to do Disneyland is with a big group.  Especially when the group consists of a Grandma, Grandpa and a couple sets of Aunts and Uncles.  My girls were spoiled with so much attention and love.  Not to mention all the strong arms that held up some very tired little feet.


 Here are the highlights of the day

1.  Watching Jane light up like the 4th of July when she finally got a glimpse of Rapunzel as she rode by in the parade and then later watching her glow as we walked through her house and she held Jane's hand and gave my girls a hug.


2.  The princess luncheon.  Both of my girls loved the anticipation of the announcement of a new princess that would be joining the lunch.  I was misinformed thinking it was only three princesses and Emily was so sad as I told her all the princesses had been announced and Belle was not one of them.   All of the sudden there was another princess announcement and Belle appeared. Oh how excited Emily was.    Each of the princesses came by our table and took a picture with my girls.  Emily and Jane are still dancing, bowing, and floating around our house just like they are one of the princesses











3.  Emily's highlight was the ride Soaring.  She loved feeling like she was flying.  It was the only ride Emily requested we do again.




















4.  Spending so much time with Jeff, Melissa, Joe and Sarah. What a special treat since we rarely see Jeff and Melissa.  Now that Joe and Sarah are moving to  Pocatello "sniff" "sniff" it was so fun to have this time with them.







 5.  After we had stood in a long line for Pirates of the Caribbean and were almost ready to board the boat,  Jane told me she had to go to the bathroom.  Knowing the flood that can happen when Jane waits too long to go, I frantically considered options of ways to get out of the line and to the nearest bathroom.  Bart stopped me and told me to give Jane to him.  He then told her if she could hold it really tight and wait until after the ride he would buy her a sucker.  I'm amazed but that little girl held it, even with all the water we were floating in and the waterfalls running around her I'm happy to report no accidents at Disneyland.   Jane also would not let her daddy forget the promise he made her.








6.  Splash mountain was closed in the morning so by the time we got in line it was getting late and a chill had set in.  Max told Emily before we left that she just had to go on Splash Mountain and we couldn't disappoint Max.  The whole time on the ride I kept thinking "I don't want to get wet,  why am I on this ride, I don't want to get wet"  As we descended down the mountain the shock on my face is not fear of the fall but pure fear of getting soaked and freezing to death. (Thanks Joe and Jeff for taking the brunt of the splash)  I still can't figure out how both Bart and Emily look so calm and didn't get a bit wet.








7.  Can I just tell you how much I love this picture of my girls.   Jeff did an amazing job of capturing both of their genuine smiles as they rode the tea cups. 













1 comment:

  1. That was the best trip ever! And it was so fun to be with everyone! We should do it again in a year... and then you can come with us to the Price is Right!

    ReplyDelete