Monday, April 23, 2012

My Jane Days

Every Monday Jane and I walk Emily and our  neighbor to school.  After we drop them off Jane takes my hand and we walk back to our house to start the day. I love that Jane always grabs my hand to hold.  That's when I swing our arms and say "Guess what day it is today?"  Jane usually looks up at me and gives me the biggest smile knowing full well what I'm going to say and says "What day momma."  I then smile back and say It's my favorite day of the week because it's my Jane day.   Today she giggled and said "I like my mommy days"    So what is a Jane day?  Well with my work schedule it's  my only day each week that it's just Jane and I.    Often we just come home and Jane be lines it to her toys  (or I should say Emily's "off limits" toys like her Calico Critters) where she'll play by herself for a few hours while I catch up on much needed laundry, cleaning etc.   Sometimes Jane wants to be right next to me as my "special helper" where she'll help me fold and put away laundry, clean up all the toys and empty the dishwasher by herself.  Other times I have a little buddy who happily comes with me doing whatever errands I have for the day.  On lucky days we have the time to cuddle up on my bed, read a book and catch a cat nap.  But whatever we are doing being with my enthusiastic, giggly Jane makes it the best day of the week.   I think it's even more special knowing our alone time is limited with another little one joining the family soon.   I remember feeling this way before Jane was born when it was just Emily and I.  What a blessing it's been that I've had this special one on one time with each of my girls during what I think is one of the cutest times of childhood. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the strawberry sunglasses! And I love one-on-one time with the kids. They grow up too darn fast - makes me sad. . .

    ReplyDelete