Even though Jane is as or even more independent, fearless and strong than most kids twice her age she's still my baby at heart.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Some things never change
When Jane was just a tiny baby she could get so upset it was almost impossible to calm her down. After trying just about everything I discovered that if I blew into her ear saying sh..sh..sh..sh.. she would finally relax. Recently Jane had one of those days where she was way past tired and frantically upset about who knows what.
I tried and tried to calm her down but nothing was working. Finally I found myself blowing into her ear sh's and she instantly relaxed and even smiled a bit. Occasionally now if Jane gets upset she'll say hold me and then press her ear to my mouth and say ear, ear... 
Even though Jane is as or even more independent, fearless and strong than most kids twice her age she's still my baby at heart.
Even though Jane is as or even more independent, fearless and strong than most kids twice her age she's still my baby at heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My baby Andrew is the same way with the shhhh. I'll have to remember that for when he's older.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love, love, LOVE this: "Mom would you like me to give you some of my imagination so you can see my friend Sally." That could be the sweetest thing any child has ever said!
ReplyDelete