Friday, March 18, 2011

And the winner is......

Last week Bart came home telling me he wanted to enter a contest that he heard announced on one of the sport talk radio stations that refers to itself as "the manly morning show". The prize was a round of Golf at Thanksgiving Point and a gift certificate to Wingers. Bart explained that they were looking for people to submit pictures of themselves with a celebrity and the one with the most famous celebrity would win. Piece of cake for Bart right? The problem was picking which celebrities to choose. So we stayed up way to late that night looking through his celebrity album and finally we decided on these pictures.

Muhammad Ali (this one I picked out because I think it's awesome) Michael Jordan (someday ask Bart what Jordan said to him after he chased him for a solid week trying to get this picture)
Who's this mystery man.....
Micheal Jackson, did you guess right?

I then had to help Bart sign up for a Facebook account since that is where the pictures were submitted. The next morning Bart wakes up to a call from the radio station. They interview him on the air about these pictures and especially the Michael Jackson picture. Bart nonchalantly answers their questions and refers them to a website that one of his buddies has that talks about his Micheal Jackson encounters. On the way to work I for the first, and most likely only time, voluntarily tune it to this "manly morning show", which usually makes me gag when I'm forced to listen to it with Bart. I did so just to see if Bart was the winner. What I didn't expect was to hear that the topic of conversation was all about Bart and whether the Micheal Jackson photo opt was real or not. People were calling in claiming it was a great photo shopped picture. Others called Bart a big fake, liar etc. One even said Bart was the biggest wet blanket, whatever that means. I was thoroughly entertained listening as everyone disputing Bart's OCD. As I got to work they still hadn't come up with a conclusion so I moved on with life thinking it has caused too much controversy to win. Bart doesn't hear from them so we both forget about it. Randomly a week later Bart receives an email saying they've done extensive research and found him to be legit so he's the big winner!!!!
Now I tease Bart that since I did the technical work he has to take me golfing with him at Thanksgiving Point. He doesn't respond but I know he's thinking, Yeah right you haven't gone golfing since we had children and even then you couldn't get the golf ball off the ground. There's no way I'm going to humiliate myself, nor do I have enough golf balls to take you with me, it's not like the old UofU golf course".
I actually don't want to go golfing and wished he could have won a tropical vacation instead but at least I'll enjoy dinner at Wingers with him.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad he won. I think it is hilarious that everyone thought the pictures were fake. If they only could see his entire photo albums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see his entire photo albums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my heck....This is such a awesome post.....Go Bart and yes that would be sweet to meet Micheal Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just too funny. JB is going to call and tease him. I can't believe we missed the controversy on the radio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad he won!!! Bart has some of the most entertaining celebrity stories. I think that randomly you should post pictures from his celebrity book because I have hardly seen any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! It's good to see that Bart's hobby is paying off :) I love the sticky finger salad with the amazing sauce, mmmm! And I REALLY want to see the photo albums!!

    ReplyDelete