Saturday, August 28, 2010

A fly on the wall

Emily's been watching "The Lion King" just about every day. When she's not watching the movie she's often singing the songs or busting out quotes from the movie. One day I overheard her playing alone in her room. It sounded like she was practicing for an audition of the scene where Simba is talking to the stars wishing his dad would come back. Over and over she would say in the most theatrical voice first yelling "You said you'd always be there for me" then there was a long pause, she'd let out a big sigh and finally in the most deflated voice say "but your not" I think she repeated this over and over with different inflections for at least 10 minutes. I really wanted to enter and watch what she was doing but I knew it would ruin it. It's times like this I wish I could be a fly on the wall of her bedroom.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha o how i love emily...maybe she will be on broadway one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you that she was singing the songs while at our house! I think it was The Circle of Life. She had a flag from our garage that she waved around like they do in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute! Ivy's been watching Lion King a lot lately too, and today she said, "Mommy, what's a moto?" And I said, "What?" And she said, "Nothing, what's a motto with you!" Then did you huge fake laugh. I'm surprised they quote movies so young!

    ReplyDelete