We finally made it to California to visit my sister who lives in Seal Beach. Putting first things first we hit Disneyland on Day 1. Actually I'd prefer to rename it Princess Fantasy Fare since that is where we spent the majority of the day. Who would have guessed the longest line in Disneyland would be to meet the Princesses. OK so anyone with a 3-6 year old girl would probably have guessed right. Bart, being a most fabulous dad, volunteered to stand in line while we took off to Toontown. Minnie Mouse was the first character Emily met. Emily in all of her sweetness looked up admirably at Minnie and said "I have a doll of you at home." Then it was off to meet Mickey. He gave Emily the biggest hug! We got in line with Bart and took our chances to see what princesses we would meet (They have 3 of the 8 princesses at a time at the fare) it was Snow White, Aurora i.e. sleeping beauty, and Jasmin. I could tell Emily was a little disappointed it wasn't Cinderella. Snow White was really nice and told Emily that she had breakfast with Cinderella and Cinderella had chocolate chip pancakes. I was so impressed how each of the princesses made Emily feel so special and took time to talk and hear what she had to say. With Emily as our map guide, we rode a few rides including getting on Indiana Jones and going maybe 50 feet and then the ride broke and we had to wait about 20 minutes for the "crew" to get us off the big jeep. Splash mountain was also out of order. It's a small world is one of the only things I remember when I came to Disneyland as an eight year old and is still my favorite ride. My sister Allyson thinks it's a little creepy with all these dolls repeating the same song over and over but I still love it. We then made it to Tinkerbells Garden, found Emily a partner in crime with Eeyore sucking his thumb and then it was back to the Princess Fantasy Fare in hopes we might be able to catch Cinderella. Bart turned into autograph mode and was on a mission to fulfill Emily's wish. He did his "research" and putting all the information together discovered that every half hour the princesses switch and doing some math he figured out a way to not miss Cinderella. It all turned out perfect and Emily got her wish to meet Cinderella which made her "Happily Ever After" P.S. You might wonder where is Jane. My wonderful mother in law kept her and although I missed her terribly she was much better off in a cozy house playing and taking good naps
Oh you are good parents! We waited in that line for 45 minutes and got to see Ariel, Belle and Pocahontas. As Kassie's turn was getting over, Jasmine (which was who she really wanted to see) was just taking over for Belle. I turned Kassie around and we left as quickly as possible so we wouldn't have to start all over again! Hope you guys have a great trip, can't wait to hear all about it at book club!
Sounds so awesome! I'm glad you managed to get so many princesses, and you ARE the best parents in the world to go to all that trouble to make sure Emily was in heaven.
Oh you are good parents! We waited in that line for 45 minutes and got to see Ariel, Belle and Pocahontas. As Kassie's turn was getting over, Jasmine (which was who she really wanted to see) was just taking over for Belle. I turned Kassie around and we left as quickly as possible so we wouldn't have to start all over again! Hope you guys have a great trip, can't wait to hear all about it at book club!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE that Emily wore her Cinderella dress. It looks like she had the time of her life.
ReplyDeleteSounds so awesome! I'm glad you managed to get so many princesses, and you ARE the best parents in the world to go to all that trouble to make sure Emily was in heaven.
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Gotta love taking the kids to Disneyland!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture with Emily and Cinderella at the end. I also love that Emily is holding hands with most of the princesses!
ReplyDelete