Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Heaven


Emily noticed this engagement photo sitting on my cedar chest for the first time. She walked over to it and said, "This is you and this is daddy. Where are you?" I explained that we were in a photography studio right before we got married. She then said, "But where am I?" I told her she was still in heaven. Emily's lip quivered followed by a full stream of tears. In between sobs she exclaimed "I don't want to be in Heaven I always want to be with you."
I'll have to show her this post when she's a teenager and wants nothing to do with us.

5 comments:

  1. Max saw our wedding picture and said, "Did I stay with Nona when you got married?" I talked about heaven but he really thought he had stayed with Nona instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First pic I've seen of your hubby! You two are so cute together! And I agree, I have a teenage step-son and he truly wants as little to do with us as possible. Mike keeps reminding me that I was probably the same way at that age, but I just don't want to admit it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about Ryan and the broom, dishwasher and vacuum. He loves them now, but I know that will probably change soon. That sure is a sweet comment by Emily though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope my kids are going to be as cute as yours...

    ReplyDelete