Jane not only made the Alta Tennis team this year as a Freshman but because she worked hard and put in the hours this summer she played top alternative most of the season.
I'm dying at how adorable Jane is in her tennis outfits!!! Tennis players are seriously the cutest!
![]() |
| Incoming Freshman |
![]() |
| Team mates with the same name (Jane and Jane on the left) |
She enjoyed making new friends at a short tennis retreat in Park City with her team mates. I think it made starting high school a little easier already being part of a team. Jane practiced and played her heart out every match. She won some and lost some but is learning to not be so hard on herself and her doubles partner. She had so much support from her friends and it really meant a lot to her. Here are some memories from this season.
* Jane never oversleeps so I seldom worry about waking her up. Team pictures were scheduled at dawn during the first week of practice. 10 minutes before it was time to go, I realized I hadn't heard a lot of movement upstairs. I was shocked to see Jane still in bed and woke her up. Jane had planned on taking over an hour to primp and make sure every strand of her luscious hair was in place for the picture. She freaked out when she realized she only had 10 minutes to get ready but she pulled it off beautifully. (She laughs now looking at the picture knowing she only curled the front of her hair). Emily who regularly pulls herself together in 10 minutes told Jane well at least now you know you can do it it in 10 minutes.
* She was forced out of her comfort zone and had to wear her "capri" sweatpants on game days because those dang red Nike's the whole team ordered were not meant for tall girls.
*She really didn't like having her dad watching her play because it made her really nervous. He still snuck in and watched from a far so Jane wouldn't see him. One time he was in the shadows 2 courts away and Jane still spotted him. Time and time again I told Jane she can't control if her dad wants to watch her. She should be grateful she has a dad who supports her and wants to be there. Lots of people in the world don't have that blessing.
*The highlight of the season was her match against Olympus the highest ranked school in Utah. The whole team was so nervous for their matches knowing it was going to be a battle. Bree the coach encouraged them by saying if anyone wins their match she would buy them a house. Jane and her partner were the only ones to win their match so as promised her coach bought them a house.

















I never thought I would be a tennis mom but it really is such a great sport -- and Jane rocked it.
ReplyDelete