Saturday, May 1, 2021

Boochie days

 5 years ago I was home from the hospital with an onry newborn who was unhappy that he needed to be under bilirubin lights for jaundice 24 hours a day.  When he wasn't under the lights he was eating or we were going back and forth to Dr appointments to check his bilirubin levels.   I remember sitting down at my kitchen table breaking out in tears from exhaustion and wacked out hormones.  The only thing that kept me going was the thought it's ok someday he will be 5 and life will be a lot easier.   

On April 28th as I was driving to work I thanked the Lord that we all made it through Spencer's stressful  first year and a half of life.   I was right life now if a lot easier with him.    He's a fun, spunky and yes bossy 5 year old he is and how I wouldn't change a thing about him.     

He's still my inpatient wants what he wants and wants it now little boy but he also a giver of the best hugs, the first to let me know how much he loves me  easily gets over chastisement and squeals with delight when he runs by and I grab him and give him mommy loves.    He's everyones Boochie boo and brings so much joy and connection to everyone in our house.   I never want to return to those first few days of Spencer's life (minus the few moments he would curl up under my neck and fall asleep) but I'm sure glad he came to our family.   Heavenly Father knew he would complete this Richards clan.   

Spencer's a fireball.   His babysitter Cindy told me that the new kid Henry came up to her and told her how bossy Spencer is.   She then said that she told him that Spencer is the youngest child and probably gets bossed around so much and has nobody to boss around at home so he feels like now that he is the oldest he can boss all the kids around.    I just laughed and said Oh no Spencer's been bossing all of us around since the day he was born.    The positive side of being bossy is he's a man with many plans.   He's a natural leader and organizer.   He's the happiest running around the neighborhood with his friends coming up with games and sharing all the fat boys ice cream sandwiches and other treats with them.  

I have absolutely no fear about what the future holds for Spencer.  He'll find a way to make whatever dreams he has happen.    I hope he keeps whistling and loving others through life.   May he keep his strong will  and stand for whats right!  


For his birthday Jane wanted to take him to Build a Bear on his birthday for him to get the pay your age birthday bear.  She spoiled him by them offering to buy him shoes, roller skates and a hoodie.   P.S.  He hates getting his picture taken and makes it difficult as possible for me to get any decent shot.







Emily then treated him to U swirl frozen yogurt.  He had a hay day picking out the toppings.  

We also  celebrated his birthday Power Rangers style in our backyard with his neighborhood friends and couple of kids at his babysitters.   Jane planned the entire party and managed it all by her self.   My job was to make the cake and buy the many pool noodles, pinata and candy  needed.    The kids all had a blast and Spencer was in his element being the center of attention with all of his friends.   
















 It was a great week celebrated our Boochie Boo!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment