Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The day has finally arrived

 Taken out of context this picture would lead someone to believe that this little guy is anything but happy to be on a soccer field.    


The truth is this little guy was so anxious to get back on the field after a mandated water break that he would not smile but only show his displeasure with his mom for forcing him to take a first day of soccer picture.   


Spencers been impatiently waiting for his turn since a wee little baby who used to try to crawl out of my arms and onto soccer field where Jane was playing.    He got so bad that our loving supportive all go together to see Jane play family was dismantled as he was forbidden to attend games so one of us always stayed home while the other went to watch.   Last year we signed him up for 3 year old soccer but covid hit and we all know how that went.  

  https://bartandcolletterichards.blogspot.com/2018/02/soccer-ball.html

(click link above to see wee witto soccer loving Spencer)

He loved that they gave him his own soccer ball and ran and ran and kicked it and ran and kicked it some more.   Spencer played sharks and minnows so intently and was so proud that nobody could catch him.  He wanted to show off his drop kick that his babysitters daughter Mya showed him and would have stayed there all night if it was allowed. 







This morning he woke up bright and early,  came down the stairs put on all his soccer get up and announced he was going to practice soccer outside.   He stayed in those clothes all morning while I was working from home zooming meetings with parents.    It was a busy morning and I told him to go get ready for school and I would quickly make him a lunch.  He wanted his favorite mustard on pickle wrapped up in lunch meat.   He then said that he knew how to make it and shuffled off.  He came back a while later with mustard smothered all over his clothes.  I told him to change his clothes it was time for school.   He dutifully left and came back with his coat on all zipped up, shin guards, socks and shoes.     He tried to debate me about wearing his shin guards to school but I told him they aren't allowed.  He finally took them off and we rushed out the door.   I noticed as we were pulling into the drop off lane that he was still wearing his black soccer shorts with mustard all over them.   I attempted without success to wipe some of it off with some wipes but soon he was out the door and into school.    Mom failure guilt arrived later while picking him up he joyfully skipped out the door without his coat on and I saw that the little sneak kept his oversized, mustard stained soccer jersey on.   Last kid moment right there!    


Monday night he was resistant to go to bed and then stopped and said "Oh tomorrow I go to soccer.  Yeah I'm heading to bed now so its tomorrow really soon!     What a soccer nut!!







2 comments:

  1. Yay for sports resuming! We're not there yet in our state, but I hope basketball will resume here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious and so cute. He is obsessed!

    ReplyDelete