After almost 45 years of living on the hill my parents new house is finally complete! What a massive job it is to move a house that has been lived in since 1976. My family along with my other sisters have spent a couple long weekends down in Teasdale helping with the move. Here are some in the middle of the move mess pictures curtesy of Jane. Forgive me mom but I post these only for memory sake of the hard work everyone did.
Last weekend we arrived to an empty horse trailer setting in the driveway and decided to "swallow the frog" ( do the hardest thing first) and tackle "under the house." It's basically a crawl space 3 feet high that goes under my parents living room and kitchen. When I was a little girl I spend hours setting up house with my older sisters there. Now it's just a storage place that is hard to move around in so it's mostly been left alone for years. It was like uncovering a time capsule. You can tell by my face it was fun work.
Here are a few treasures we found.
 |
| This doll was made for Sarah from our YW president Beth Durphy for accomplishing some goal with Personal Progress. I was just a new beehive when she got this doll and was so envious. Sadly Beth was released before I was awarded one. |
 |
There are some things that are hard to throw away especially if it has meaning. My mom debated about keeping this jewelry box because my dad gave it to her one Christmas early in their marriage. She no longer uses it so I took a picture and placed it in the DI pile
|
 |
| A vintage Troll from our childhood |
 |
I uncovered my first cabbage patch doll. Her name was Agatha and I dearly loved her. As you can tell I did not put my dolls on the shelf and look at them. She was well "loved and played with." I probably would have kept her but I'm assuming some little sister of mine had a hay day with scissors.
|
 |
| My mom has kept probably every pair of jeans in hopes of making some amazing jean quilt. Emily was in hog heaven to uncover some vintage Guess and wrangler jeans. She said she's been salivating buying some of these just like them worth a hefty $100. "There vintage" she says. 😂. I'm still not sure how I feel about reliving the '80's. |
 |
We uncovered the old Halloween costume Tubs. Spencer enjoyed dressing up for days with the Hawaiian shirt and partial clown outfit.
|
 |
Every year my Grandma Morrell would take us girls to a store called "mini world" and pick us out a dress for Christmas. My girls use to climb under the house and give us fashion shows with the dresses. None of us know what to do with them but we just can't part with them. Now they are nicely folding into 3 tubs and are the only thing I allowed to stay under the house for now.
It's hard to say goodbye to my parents living in their hill top home but as we were enjoying each others company in their new magnificent home with the kids downstairs and the adults with room to spare it still felt like home because home is not the house but where the family is together.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment