Sunday, October 11, 2020

I want to be a missionary now!

 I believe sending my kids to good day care is a way for them to develop relationships with more people who can love set a good example for them.  

Spencer is so lucky to go to Cindy's a couple of days each week.   He loves his time there.   Race Cindy's 18 year old son is the kind of kid you want your kids to be around and aspire too.   Spencer's always loved Race who teases him and plays soccer with him.    Lately Race has been home doing in home MTC.   Spencer each day asks Race why he is all dressed up like he is going to church and Race tells him he is a missionary now.  Spencer also tells me  Race isn't fun anymore because all he does is blah blah blah missionary stuff instead of playing with me.     He says he isn't fun but Spencer is still watching and learning from him.   A couple of Sunday's ago Spencer wanted to stay in his clothes and told me he was going around the neighborhood to talk to people about Jesus.  He grabbed  his mini Book of Mormon and off he went on a walk.   Last Saturday I was making breakfast and Spencer came in and set himself up to the Bar with a notebook, his scripture bag full of his scriptures, a Children and Youth pamplet and a few small colored pencils.   He was decked out in his Sunday best including his tie.  I asked him why he was wearing his Sunday clothes and he said "I want to be a missionary today like Race."   


We took the chance after church to say a final goodbye to Race the Sunday before he left.   




How grateful I am for the Matthews who let Spencer in their home, love him and inspire him for greatness such as serving a mission someday.  

1 comment: