Sunday, September 27, 2020

A birthday Baptism

 I try to look at the good things Covid brings and one of them is that Aaron was able to get baptized on his birthday surrounded by those he loves and others with other people zooming in. 





Aaron came home after his interview with the Bishop talking about how the Bishop told him a story about a 12 year old boy who stole a car and drove off with it.   I asked him why he would tell him that story and he said because he needed a license to drive just like someone needs authority to baptize someone else.   I told the Bishop about this and he said he was really impressed with the thoughtful 
responses Aaron gave him. 

 


 


It was such a nice peaceful spirit filled day.    My favorite part was when my girls played the duet "Teach me to Walk" with Jane on the piano and Emily on her viola.  I noticed a few teary eyes.  It's amazing how touching music can be.   


Afterward we celebrated Aaron and his birthday with a dinner at our house.  





He sure is one great 8 year old
Aaron really wanted a watermelon cake for his birthday since watermelon is his favorite food.  This was the best I could do.  





Along with Aaron getting baptized we had a fun family weekend as Allyson's family came in to baptize William with his other cousin.  Maddix also invited us up to his house for his 2nd birthday party.   My kids sure did enjoy all the cousin time that weekend.  








Someone got a little tuckered out after a playing hard for a few days!

1 comment: