Spencer started celebrating Halloween when he found an old chicken costume that Emily wore one year. He drug this around putting it on and off for the entire month.
For the trunk or treat, Emily thought we should decorate as the ocean and then was gone all Sat afternoon working on a school project so Jane took the vision and made our trunk the reality.
![]() |
| Introducing Grandpa "Henry" Richards |
![]() |
| 😆 I could never get him to smile in any of the pictures. I guess he took his roll seriously to be a grumpy old man |
Pauline invited us up for dinner and asked the kids to come dressed up. Sunday is a busy day for me and I was too exhausted to make Spencer a grandpa so I utilized his passion for the chicken costume.
Time for trick or treating.
Jane met up with the gang and ran around the neighborhood and then she and her friend ran around the other part of our wards neighborhood and then convinced me to take her over to her teacher's neighborhood. Her teacher was so happy to see her she gave her like 5 full size candy bars. The Bart came out in her and she kept going like the energizer bunny and ended up with 14 lbs of candy. Currently we are having discussions about possibly donating some of the candy.
Aaron met up with his gang of boys and scoured the neighborhood and then scoured the other 1/2 of the wards neighborhood. I didn't see his cute happy face all night but I'm assuming he had a blast.
Spencer and I set out together to pokey around the neighborhood while Bart handed out candy. He was overjoyed when we ran into his besties Joseph and Lucy and he happily ran around with them until he got cold and then suddenly he had enough candy and had enough trick or treating and just wanted to be home.
Emily hooked up with friends and was all over our neighborhood and then all over her friends Alix's neighborhood as the chipmunks and ducktails.
Halloween is now over but Spencer in denial as he has scoured our house for all black clothing and gloves to go with his newest pirate costume.
















So much fun, and holy smokes! that's a ton of candy!!
ReplyDelete