Good thing I've been taking my vitamins lately like Pres. Neilson asked a session or two ago because Saturday afternoon's session nearly made me fall off of my seat. My thoughts... Changes? What? Will they release me? No he's talking about YW presidents in the new program. Looks like I'm safe. Why do I have to wait to find out? Please don't take away my dear adult leaders? My anxiety went from low to nothing to about an 8.5.
Bart had mentioned he wanted to go downtown that evening to get Jerry Seinfield's autograph and wanted my help so we decided the girls and I might as well stand in the stand by line and try to get in to the conference center since we need to be down that way right after.
Almost 20 years ago I was living right on main street a couple blocks north of temple square. The conference center was just a year old and I remember sitting in my apartment in front of the T.V. that Sat. afternoon and the the music began to start the session and I had the thought why am I sitting here, the conference center is just down the street. So I slipped on a dress ran down the hill, walked up to one of the doors and welcomed in with no problems and seated before the first speaker started. I did that a couple more times while I lived downtown and enjoyed conference that way.
Fast forward to Saturday. Bart lets me out by the North gates into temple square where the stand by line starts. We walk and walk and finally find the end twisted around the tabernacle by the South gates. Times sure have changed. We didn't make it into the conference center but had front row seats in the tabernacle where it was broadcasted. My favorite part was standing and singing with all the other women and hearing it magnified in that beautiful building.
I felt a power as they announced the changes to the program. Love the new theme especially how it mentions Heavenly Parents. Immediately after they said wards have the power of revelation to do what meets their needs inspiration came about how my ward should change. I wondered if it was my own thoughts or revelation but when the prophet talked about the power women have to obtain revelation and the keys bestowed on us as we answer different calls in my life, I knew I have to trust these feelings were revelatory. Now here's to hoping my counselors and Bishop feel the same way.
As President Nelson talked about women having the power to receive revelation and draw on the power of God I was like of course we do doesn't everyone think this? I guess growing up surrounded with strong powerful women who acted on their impressions was a blessing I've taken for granted. I also felt a deeper respect and gratitude that Bart is exactly like the man Pres. Nelson commended for honoring women's abilities. I've always felt he's thinks I'm smart and that my opinions, thoughts and personal revelation are valid. I'm so happy to have his support and not feel at all controlled by him.
I loved this conference. I love being part of a church of continued revelation and I love the plan of salvation and the doctrine of continual growth! I'm blessed to be part of it all.



IT'S JUST SO EXCITING!!! Please pass the vitamins. ;)
ReplyDelete