Saturday, May 25, 2019

Crying my eyes out

It's no secret or no lie that I kind of worship Spencer's hair.    From the afro of his younger days



 to his messy curly "boy haircut" he calls it.  I just can't get enough of his curls.    Spencer  is use to a lot of attention with his toe head curls and would often would rub his head saying "My cuwly haiw."   





I'm not sure how to describe the shock, sadness, annoyance and anger feeling I had when I came in the door from a long day of work to have Jane march Spencer right up to me and show me what he had done to his hair. 


The only thing to describe it was like the movie "Little Women" when Jo walked in the door from selling all her hair and her vain younger sister Amy exclaimed  "Oh Jo your one beauty"

With all vanity we all need some humility and Spencer took it in his own hands to humble mine. Many have commented that is sort of a right of childhood passage to cut ones hair but other than Emily nipping Jane's hair this is our first catastrophe with hair.  (Now that I think of it I'm truly amazed my busy body always into something with his hands Aaron didn't cut his hair)

So Bart got out the clippers and gave him a summer buzz cut.  


Tow heads don't do buzz cuts well.  I learned that from a diy failed hair cut I gave Aaron around this same age.   He looks very bald!  I am grateful he at least has a perfectly round head.  I guess something good came out of him being such an onry cus as a baby and didn't give me the chance to lay him on his back too much.  



My dad always says the only difference between a bad hair cut and a good one is 2 weeks.  Hair grows back even though curls  will take more than 2 weeks.  Occasionally Spencer will rub his fuzz and say "Hey mom my cuwls are coming back."    Yes there is hope!!

1 comment:

  1. My brother Michael's curly hair came back. He had a fro as a teenager, too. But I remember my mom crying as she trimmed his curls when he was a toddler, and I was only 4 or 5 myself.

    ReplyDelete