Saturday, August 5, 2017

Curly Sue Spencer

I guess there is something to say about the sage old advice "When at first you don't succeed try try again."   It took until the 4th try but I do believe (knock on wood) that Spencer has Bart's curly hair.  


 


I adore Spencer's curls.    So much I may never cut his hair.   Going into marriage with Bart I just assumed it was a given that I'd have kids with curly hair.    Jane gave me false hope with her short lived curly mullet she had as a 1 year old.  I still have a little hope that her curls will come through when she goes through puberty like my friend Heidi.   I felt pangs of jealousy when Sarah's Kate developed these gorgeous curly locks.  Genetics are weird that she got the Bart curly gene.   When I saw that my cousin Ani's daughter inherited her lushes curls and expressed my envy, Ani said "Be happy your girls don't have curly hair they would just hate it trust me I know." So I accepted the fact that my gene's are dominant and moved on.    

When they laid Spencer in my arms for the first time I rubbed his little head and saw that his peach fuzzy hair was different than my first three's hair.   A glimmer of hope arose that this might be my curly headed kid.   Like his other siblings it soon fell out and left him a bald baby and just like Jane's his hair came back first curly in the back and wispy in the front.    At that point it was too soon to diagnose if it was just baby curls but I held on to the hope they would stick around.  I'm overjoyed that the more hair he grows the more curls he has.  Maybe there's a chance his curls with straighten out with age but until then I'll be running my fingers through them loving that I finally have a curly headed kid.  




1 comment: