Sunday, July 30, 2017

California 2017

When asked "What are you planning on doing on your trip to California?"  I would respond hang with my sister's family and enjoy the beach.    That's pretty much what we did!!  

Thursday we spent the better part of the day recovering from the all night drive.  We arrived at 4AM California time.   I use to hear about people doing this and thinking they are crazy and then you get a fussy hate the car seat kid like Spencer and you find yourself eating your own words.   I played with the kids in the morning while Bart slept and then Bart took the kids to an arcade while Spencer and I took a much needed nap.  Later that night we all walked down to a 7-11 for some slurpees.


Bart spent Friday and Saturday trying to chase down Harrison Ford but came up short but did get a few autographs like this guy.  Whoever he is??



Ally and I and all the kids hung out at the beach on Friday where the girls would have boogie boarded all day and the rest of the kids dug in the sand.  







Saturday Matt was home and offered some surf lessons for the girls.  We went over to the Oceanside Beach where the wake was longer and Matt being a great teacher showed my girls the ropes.  Both of my girls took to surfing great.  Emily came out of with battle wound in the shape of a Harry Potter scare on her forehead.  
First some on shore instructions




I love that Jane was Emily's biggest cheerleader and was helping her balance from the sidelines.  







We also spent plenty of time at Ally's house.





Monday I took off with Emily to Universal Studios while Bart took the rest to legoland (more blog posts coming about those adventures)

Tuesday we made it back to the beach with Bart and then packed up and headed home.  






 


Adios 'til next time California........

2 comments:

  1. There's just something so magical about the beach. Love that family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of fun talking Harry Potter with Emily at dinner. That girl knows her stuff! Sounds like a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete