Remember the post Ten years from 2014. Here's part of it...
Our couch has about had it.... We bought this pleather couch set, a month after we got married with my, first year of work after college, tax return. The couch, loveseat, comfy chair and ottoman cost us $1100.00. It's endured many leaky sippy cups, sticky fingers and gymnastics. Besides it looking rather worn, there's a big hole on the side which causes the stuffing to come out. Aaron went through a phase where he would stick his hand deep inside and pull it out and scatter it around the house. A few weeks ago Emily was making a diorama of penguins in the Artic for school. I was dreading that we would need to make a quick trip to the store for batting to use as the snow. Emily saved the day by suggesting we use some of the stuffing from the couch!
Fast forward 3 years and here we are again with Jane's 2nd grade Science report about "Little Blue Penguins". It's amazing how far we've come in the craft world. We had everything on hand and the "expert" Emily took over helping Jane. I marveled at how simple this project was with Emily in the lead.
As Jane was painting and Emily was glueing Jane looked up and said "I kinda hate to tell you this Emily but I think my diorama is better than yours was."
Emily's response " You think? Well duh of course it is. I didn't have a crafty older sister helping me like you do"





No comments:
Post a Comment