Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sated Aristocrat

Emily and I started reading "Call of the Wild" together.  Nothing like increasing your vocabulary than reading a classic.   We came to a sentence describing Jack the dog as being a "sated aristocrat" in his household.  I asked Emily what that meant and she shrugged so we looked it up on my phone.  Here's the definitions that fit:

Sated:  satisfy to the full

Aristocrat:  one believed to be superior of its kind

 We talked about the meaning and how the dog Jack was satisfied feeling like he was the most important being in the household.

Emily then said "Yeah kind of like Spencer in our household."

Yup that's pretty much how we all feel about cutie boy as Aaron usually calls him.

So here is what our  6 month old Sated Aristocrat looks like in our house.





He's usually looking for someone to give him their full attention.  He'll smile, laugh and act like whoever is talking is only talking to him.  I find it difficult to carry on a conversation at church.  He usually distracts the other person by flashing them a big grin and they are lost in his world and the conversation dies. I get stopped by so many people after sacrament meeting telling me how he was flirting with them over my shoulder all through the meeting.  Even today at Joann's it was a struggle to get the helpful associate to tell me where the pillow batting was because she kept talking to Spencer.





This sated Aristocrat continues to love his Big Brother's attention.  His big brother the entertainer happens to really enjoy giving it to him!!



He's becoming a better eater and often after lunch will chill with a few toys while I try to clean up the kitchen.  His favorite toys in his high chair right now are a bottle opener and this medicine dispenser.


Each afternoon he sits on my lap as we listen to both Emily and Jane practice their piano and then Emily practice her viola.  He is so content or "sated" listening to the music just like I imagine an aristocrat would be having their own private concert each day.


Speaking of concerts he's pretty happy in the jumperoo as long as he has a show close by.


He loves to be carted around by anyone.  Especially one of the girls or their friends.  He hates missing out on the action.


When he's not being carted around he loves to cuddle with his daddy.    They both cannot be trusted to be left alone in the evening.  Spencer will sneak a quick nap on his dad who is more than happy to oblige while de stressing from the day.  I'm then left staying up way past my bedtime because Spencer isn't tired for his.
kisses for daddy

kisses from daddy


cuddles with the boys



I love our family's pediatrician.  I think he's incredibly competent and kind to the kids but not overly expressive.  I'm sure most physicians would get that way after seeing so many kids day in and day out.  So when he walked in and Spencer gave him his "I want your attention grin" even he was captivated and laughed at Spencer the entire exam.  At the end of it it said "Spencer you sure do like attention."    Yes our sated aristocrat does!!!







2 comments:

  1. I love this! He is definitely the cutest aristocrat I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky little guy! He has the sweetest smile.

    ReplyDelete