Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Halloween 2016

Emily the Mime


Emily starts thinking about what she wants to be for Halloween like the day after Halloween the previous year.  She toyed with being a jailbird, some Zombie thing, and other floating things but landed on a mime and never diverted.  She's proud that she is the winner for 2 years straight of the ward's best costume.  Keep up the creative work Emily.  

Jane the Belly Dancer

Unlike Emily Jane has a very hard time finalizing what she wants to be.  She frets a great deal about it and never wants to wear Emily's old costumes.  We spent way to much time browsing the internet for costumes but when she saw this belly dancer git up she knew it had to be hers.  The problem was it would be shipped from China.  Last summer Jane ordered a rug and some wall decals using her hard earned money and neither arrived.  We waited and waited for a few months but they never came.  She was so disheartened but I said lets risk it one more time. I'm not sure but I think she may have even said a little prayer.  We were both overcome with joy when it arrived 4 days later.  Nothing ever arrives from China in 4 days. Someone must be watching out for  her!!

Darth Vader

No surprise here right.  It took us about thirty seconds on Amazon for Aaron to decide, 2 days for it to arrive and a very long 6 weeks in the top shelf of my closet before the glorious day that Aaron became Darth Vader with the glowing red light saber

Master Yoda 

For a while I spent a lot of time googling birthday party ideas and catching pieces of stars wars while Aaron religiously watched it daily.   Every time I saw  glimpses of Yoda I'd look at Spencer and see a strong resemblance.  So although we've got a few hand me downs in the costume box, I couldn't resist calling the ever talented and helpful Mary who made it happen knitting this hat.  Aaron may have been even more excited for Yoda than his costume.  He informed my sister Sarah that Spencer was going to be the cutest Yoda for Halloween.  We all agreed.



I have a wall of special pictures at my house.  Don't you think this deserves to be on it?


The Light and the Dark Side

Emily really wanted to maximize her treat stash and asked arranged to go with her friend Sunny in their neighborhood and then to go with her in ours.  

How blessed I feel to have so many great kids close by for my kids to hang with.  I was really touched when a few days before Halloween Jane being very concerned for her friend who is Allergic to most everything started collecting a bowl full of toys they'd received from school and other parties so Amira could come to our house to trick or treat. 

The girls went one way and these crazy boys went the other while their dad's tried to keep up.  

Meanwhile Spencer just really wanted a nap but I sent him off with Bart and the husbands in hope if would keep him awake until bedtime.  Nope this little Yoda missed out on the tricks and the treats but isn't he still so cute!!


Whew......so glad to have Halloween and this blog post finished.   insert yawn here

3 comments:

  1. The sleeping Yoda picture is so cute!!
    And Aaron reminds me so much of Andrew. Such passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute kids in fabulous costumes. Yes, the group shot us wall-worthy, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great group photo that perfectly captured each of their personalities. Emily has a lot of her Daddy in her...strategically planning how to get more candy sounds just like Bart.

    ReplyDelete