Oh how much fun my kids had with all the time they spend with their cousins this summer. We were lucky to spend so much time with my sister Raquel and her cute kids as she lived with us 6 weeks or so as they were transitioning from a house they sold to a different house they bought. My girls became babysitters and earned some cash watching Avaya everyday Raquel worked. I thought it was a perfect opportunity to learn how to be an excellent babysitter while I could be around to advise them of things like good babysitters clean up after the kids they tend as well as do the dishes. Every mom wants to come home to a clean house.
"Selfies with Avaya were a daily occurrence"
Soon after Raquel moved in Ally came and spent a week with us before our Lava Hot Springs vacation. I loved my house full of so many people I love. I joked because including the renters downstairs we had 6 kids wearing diapers running around the house. Talk about a loud house and stinky garbage cans.
![]() |
| These 2 babies are only 10 days apart. It was fun to get double the cuddles |
We took a few day trips to get out of the house.
-This is the place monument
Lagoon-
All the Richard's Cousins enjoyed celebrating Nona's birthday at their favorite amusement park Lagoon.
The girls had a blast with cousins from both sides when everyone came for Spencer's blessing
After the blessing Aaron and Phin did not want to part ways and as they were leaving I think Seth said "Aaron sometime you'll have to come have a camp out in our yard". Aaron excitedly said yes and ran to get his clothes and came back so sad that they had left. The wailing began!! Meanwhile outside Phin was also throwing a tantrum thinking sometime meant right now. So 30 seconds later Suzanne and Seth reappeared and said "Apparently both of the boys think sometime is right now so why don't we have it tonight".
Aaron had such a fun time at their house. This included sand box time, fireworks, sleeping in a tent (or late overing in a tent apparently Phin fell fast asleep but Aaron lasted until around 12:00PM and then went in the house and slept on Suzanne's floor. The next day super fit Suzanne took them on a long bike ride up legacy highway to see the trailhead of another Aaron Richards who was Bart's dad's uncle and owned a Dairy farm in Farmington.
The next day we joined them for a Weiner roast, swimming and some time at a fun park.
Dayson was Aaron's salvation this summer. Aaron thinks Dayson is fabulous!! The two of them played outside most days in the yard digging and pretending. Dayson even taught Aaron how to jump off the mailbox. In Teasdale they spent much of their time catching lizards. Even though Dayson is almost 3 years older than Aaron he was always so kind and inclusive. The only time I saw the age difference become an issue was after a few days spent catching lizards Dayson came up to me and said "How can I get Aaron to stop following me around" I respond he thinks your great Dayson and just wants to be with you always. Dayson said "I know but whenever I get close to catching a lizard he scares it away"
![]() |
| Here is Dayson and Aaron with a Horny Toad Baxter and Branson caught for Dayson. |
![]() |
We celebrated Millie's Grace's blessing. What a blessing she is. My kids had fun building forts and playing soccer at their dinner. Andrew so nicely even gave Aaron his Luke Skywalker Decal. I told Andrew he can't have Star Wars decals on his wall without Luke Skywalker. But he kept insisted Aaron take it. Aaron was so sad it was "accidentally" left on the table.
We ended our summer with cousins at Lagoon. My girls love Lagoon but they really love Lagoon when Max and Ben are there to ride the rides with. Emily had on her watch and we set times for them to be back and we scarcely saw them. Aaron hates riding rides alone so he was more than overjoyed when his besties were there for more entertainment.








































I didn't grow up around any cousins, so this is great to see. Such cute faces in these pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a joyous summer!
ReplyDelete