I pick Aaron up from his Preschool and notice a sign on the door that says tomorrow "Dress up like Princess and Superhero day". I groan.. This would be so easy if Aaron was only a girl. He could get into the dress up clothes and have his pick of the liter. Unfortunately we've yet to cross over and start buying super hero costumes and being March it isn't likely Walmart would have Halloween costumes left over. So we go home and brainstorm. Jane discovers a plastic superman cape from Dayson's b day party a few years ago. Perfect except the straps are missing. What to do..... What to do? Aaron mentions the left over Batman duct tape he's been dying to get his hands on but I have safely hidden. Great we make new straps using Batman duct tape. Aaron then signed his name on the back and put some strange squirrel sticker he got from a kids meal and was tickled pink that he has a superman-batman cape. I was tickled pink he's happy and I can be done thinking about superheroes. The next morning Bart reminds Aaron he has a Spiderman jacket his uncle Jeff gave him and he quickly put it on.
So here is Aaron just about to walk into preschool in his Superhero get up. Have I mentioned how emotionally easy this kid is. He takes things as they are with no complaints when things aren't just so so.
I on the other hand have a hard time just letting things go. Aaron didn't seem to care that when he walked in the other boys in their perfect muscle man superhero costumes were really confused if he was superman or batman. One tried to argue with him when he told them he was batman and superman. I had to fight off the guilt that he wasn't perfectly dressed but Aaron despite the comments was happy with his new cape. I can learn a lot from this kid.


We have superhero stuff at our house for your boys to borrow next time. Our girl will need to borrow princess stuff from Emily and Jane! But what a good example Aaron is of an easy-going attitude.
ReplyDeleteSuch a relief to have an easy-going kid! I only had one - Carter. Since he was my first, I had no clue how much of a blessing he was (or how much drama I had in my future!!!)
ReplyDelete