Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A cleansing day

I've had reservations to go to the Ogden Temple open house for a week or so but this morning I woke up feeling overwhelmed and really didn't want to go.  I haven't had a day home in so long.  My laundry is piling over, my house is long due to be cleaned and I need to get things in order before Emily starts school tomorrow. (For instance I have no idea what time the bus comes)  To top it off it was also pouring outside.  Needless to say I didn't want to drive all the way up to Ogden but I didn't want to deny my girls the experience so we loaded up and went.  I'm so glad I made the sacrifice to go.  Emily has been talking since her baptism that she gets to be baptized again for people who are dead when she is 12.  She is very anxious for the opportunity and I could tell she was soaking in what would happen as we went through the baptistry.   I  felt a very sweet spirit reminder about the importance of the temple.  I've gone through many other open houses but I didn't feel the spirit as strong as today.  Perhaps Heavenly Father knew what it meant to sacrifice a precious day to get caught up for me and gave me an extra spiritual dose.  It felt like the rain coming down outside.  A needed renewal!!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I totally agree that there's just something special that comes from a little sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete