Tuesday, November 12, 2013

When your mom's a Speech Therapist......

she'll have a blog post like this..


Aaron's Language Sample age 13 months

momma
daddy, dada
ane (Jane)
dow meanings:  get down out of my highchair, done, hold me,  I want that
Tu (stuck)
Da ie (dog)
ani (candy)
nana (banana)
da (that)
hi air (hi there)
ae u  (thank you)

He also has his own signs like while I am feeding him. Once he has swallowed and wants more he will wave his arms really fast in the air to signal put more in my mouth fast.  When he wants to be held he will grab my knees and turn my body toward him and put his arms in the air to be picked up.


Receptively skills 
Aaron's able to follow directions.  We were at the park the other day and Aaron had scattered his shoes and socks.  When it was time to go I said Aaron go get me your shoes and socks and he toddled over and brought both to me.

Aaron's favorite game is where is ....... Jane and Emily will hide and I'll say where is Emi or Where is Jane and he instantly scoots off my lap in search of his favorite friends.  Followed by big giggles when he finds them

Bart was ready to tuck Aaron in and said "Let's go read a book"  Aaron promptly scooted out of Bart's lap and Bart followed him into his room and watched Aaron grab a book and walk over to the rocking chair to have Bart read it to him.  




2 comments:

  1. Love this post...also love that he says hey there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this age! Are you guys going to be around for Thanksgiving? We're heading to Utah if the weather cooperates. We'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete