Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Best Dad EVER!!!

I am not a mom that has a lot of compassion in the middle of the night.  Sure I'll get up and feed my babies and if needed tuck one of my kids back in bed after they've had an nightmare but I really struggle being nurturing at night with a sick or crying child.  That's where Bart is hands down the best Dad ever.  For instance Aaron woke up with a high fever and would not settle down even when I tried nursing.  After struggling with him for a while Bart so lovingly took over and walked the floor with him singing to him for a couple of hours until he finally settled down and went back to sleep.   The night before Jane woke up crying that her stomach hurt.  She had the flu days before in Teasdale so I didn't think she would get it again.  I told her to try and go back to sleep and maybe it would feel better in the morning.  Bart on the other hand said "Jane come here and I'll rub your belly"  She crawls in bed next to Bart and a moment after he started rubbing her stomach she threw up all over Bart.  I mean it was like buckets of nastiness.   What did Bart the best Dad ever do?  He calmly carried Jane into the bathroom and showered Jane then him and got her dressed and tucked her back into bed.

Love this man!!

P.S.

Whenever my kids get the stomach flu I become paranoid that I am going to come down with it too.  Well a few days after the Jane episode my stomach hurt a little and thinking I've got the bug tell I my kids I'm heading to bed and go lay down.  My girls come in all worried about me and I shooed them away.  As Jane was leaving the room she turned around and said.  "If you have to throw up don't do it on Daddy"

3 comments:

  1. I think Bart is great! Those kiddos are lucky to have him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Bart and Aaron. For Bart to be compassionate when he is missing out on sleep means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bart is definitely a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete