A huge fire just started on Boulder Mountain just South of my childhood town, Teasdale. It's pretty scary. When I was a kid in school Smokey the Bear came to our school to talk about fire safety. I'm sure the ultimate goal was for all of us to live the motto "Only you can prevent forest fires". What did I get from lesson? An intense fear that this Boulder Mountain would start on fire. I started having nightmares and fears that a fire would come down the mountain and burn down the whole town. This picture hits a little to close to my childhood fears. I hope they get it under control soon. I love this mountain!


That is so scary! When I got to work this morning I saw we had stories on a wildfire in Wayne County. I thought of your family, but I had no idea it was that close.
ReplyDelete