The next step was to get Jane out of her crib. After debating over expensive home made solid wood bunk beds vs cheap fall apart ones I was really pleased when I saw an ad for a used handmade solid wood bunk bed set for only $100. The only problem was it was red. Good thing I have a husband who is great at painting, even if he does it a little begrudgingly:)
While we waited for Bart to find some time to paint the beds, I was on a pursuit for a small desk where Emily could keep all of her paper creations. They like rabbits seem to multiple overnight. I knew exactly what I wanted but I didn't want to pay a great deal for it. Once again KSL.com came through with this little girls desk for like $20 including the chair. I knew it looked a little hammered but nothing a little paint couldn't fix. As soon as Emily saw it she was in love with all the fairy, flower and butterfly stenciling and refused to have it painted over. Lucky for my painter Bart he was off the hook.
Once we had the bunk bed set up Pauline,like the angel she is, offered to make my girls matching bed spreads. She asks me to look for some pictures, I find a few I like at Pottery Barn and like Magic (sewing to me a magical pursuit) she creates these amazing Bedspreads that are far cuter than anything I could buy.
I love how the bedspreads tie the room so nicely together. They go perfect with the cute curtains Pauline made a couple of years ago and the glass butterfly mobile Allyson brought home from Costa Rica while I was pregnant with Emily.
Love, love, LOVE!!! Love the dresser (holy crow, only $15!!!) and the beds - what a steal. My girls would be in love with the stickers/stencils too. We have lots and lots of old furniture in kids' rooms painted white. Just makes all the difference in the world. And, once again, Pauling is aMAZing!! Love the room. The girls are lucky duckies!
ReplyDelete