#1 Let Emily pick where we sit in church
#2 Allow my girls to pack their own church bags
Here's the scenario. It's Sunday morning and Bart, who usually comes home from early morning meetings to take us to church, is caught up in a meeting so we prepare to go to church alone. Despite being advised by Bart not to do this, I tell my girls to get a bag of things to do at church together because I didn't want to worry about the church bag. Emily who is always begging to choose where to sit, but has a dad who doesn't allow it, asks me if she can pick and I not seeing a problem agree and she leads us to the second row in the chapel. All is well until the congregation starts to sing the sacrament hymn and Emily pulls a Barbie out of her bag. Jane immediately seeing the Barbie seizes upon it taking it from Emily which produces the loudest squeal Emily has inside her. Emily then pounces on Jane attempting to get her prized possession back. In all the jumble a portion of the Barbie's clothing goes flying and lands on a elderly man's shoulder in front of us. I then grab Emily and pull her out of the chapel as she screams bloody murder not caring that I just left Jane alone to fend for herself. Later a lady from the ward comes up to me telling me she knows she shouldn't be laughing but she was thoroughly entertained. She thought the best part was as I left the chapel with Emily, Jane just stood there with this smug face of victory.
I've learned my lesson!
I hope the song the congregation was singing was a nice, robust, LOUD song to help blend the sounds of agony coming from your girls! Hey, at least it wasn't during the sacrament!
ReplyDeletehahahahahah o my gosh so funny!
ReplyDeleteIsn't sacrament meeting so enjoyable during this phase of life? Caleb chucked a car at someone last week. Thankfully it didn't hit the person. We need to start bringing softer toys in case his aim improves.
ReplyDeleteAnd a couple weeks ago I watched a boy 3 rows in front of us start coloring on the walls with crayon. I couldn't figure out how to warn the parents without making a scene. They caught on pretty quick though. :)