Once again Emily came up with the idea for Halloween costumes. She would be Word Girl and Jane being such a great sister obliged to be the side kick Captain Huggy Face. So I looked on line and sure enough the only Word Girl costume for sale came in a size 2 Toddler. Good thing I have an amazing mother in law who can create just about anything. In fact her creation is 10 times better than the one I saw on line. See for yourself looks like the real thing huh?

Our celebration started on Friday when Emily's school had a costume parade and class party. Jane and I got to help out at the party and had a blast getting to know Emily's class better.
Later that night we had a ward trunk or treat. Here we are all dressed up. I'm a witch, Em's is word girl, Jane is captain huggy face and Bart is the amazing dad just coming from work who never complains about working long hours or driving through horrible construction each day.
This morning Jane and I went on a few errands and boy was Jane excited as we entered Sam's club and the greeter told Jane to pick a piece of candy. Since then everywhere we went Jane hollered Happy Halloween to total strangers as she skipped along so full of life. While trick or treating at Foothill Village, a local strip mall, Jane got so excited every time someone gave her a sucker or she saw a costume of Minnie Mouse or "tangled." She doesn't seem to mind at all being the side kick but I kind of feel bad she didn't get to fully embrace her love of tangled or Minnie Mouse by dressing up as one of them. I guess there is always next year.
Hats off to Pauline - those costumes are AMAZING!! So was Max's Woody costume. Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteEmily seems to always have great ideas for costumes. I love that Jane was her sidekick. They have the biggest smiles I have seen.
ReplyDelete