Jane experienced her first hair cut. No I did not take her to the hairdresser nor did I do it myself. Yup you guessed it Emily took it upon herself to cut Jane's hair.
It was a calm Friday evening. Bart was finishing up his work and I was starting dinner. Emily and Jane were in the other room playing. Emily came in and asked me where her scissors were. I responded with I didn't know where she'd put them. Emily then asked if she could use the big scissors which I said No you'll have to find your own. The next thing I know Emily comes into the kitchen with a wad of hair saying Jane just cut her hair. My first thought upon seeing the hair was what doll did Emily take the scissors too (I'm still getting used to how blond Jane's hair is). Then my thought processing caught up and I realized what Emily had done. I restrained from yelling or spanking Emily and went to assess the damage. Jane had my big scissors in her hands and I noticed some long locks from each side were the victims. I was so mad. First because of Jane's beautiful hair being cut off and second for Emily framing Jane who has no idea how to use scissors. I struggled coming up with a punishment so I took the hair and scissors and left the room. I finally came back and told Emily her scissors, which she dearly loves to cut and create with, will be taken away until after the holidays and if she ever cuts Jane's hair again I will take her precious nigh nigh and cut it up as well. I think the last consequence will actually keep her from doing it again because Emily burst into tears with the thought of me cutting up her blanket. Hopefully for both of our sakes I never have to do that.
Oh, Collette!! I know how you feel . . . Do you need any hats? I still have all the hats I made Ella when she butchered her hair before Christmas. Is it that bad?
ReplyDeleteOh my! This is a tragic story! Jane's hair was finally getting a bit longer!
ReplyDeleteHa, Ha Bentley has done this three times. You learn to be very creative in doing hair.
ReplyDeleteI totally relate to this story. Sarah once cut her own hair and blamed it on me. You will have to post a picture of Jane soon. Good consequence of cutting the blanket up too if it happens again.
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw her yesterday I wondered if you had given her a trim, but forgot to ask you. Really it doesn't look too bad! She's so cute, with those eyes and smile.
ReplyDeleteWow I can't believe you stayed calm. I would have FREAKED OUT! Why didn't you post a picture of poor Jane with her locks gone?? I'm very curious to see what she looks like now. Poor Jane.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, good job with playing it cool - I would have lost it right there! Of course, that's mostly because it's taken Maren 3 years to grow as much hair as Jane has... It makes a great story though!!
ReplyDelete