(Earlier that day we made Heart shaped Sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. I'm guessing that is where the new love of powdery substances came from)
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Kindred "messy" spirits
I was talking on the phone with my sister Allyson when I had this "motherly" sense that Emily was into something in the bathroom. I found Emily with an empty bottle of baby powder. I immediately hung up on my sister and evaluated the damage. My whole bathroom was covered in baby powder, not to mention Emily's hair. Emily response to the mess was "Mom you should put the powder up high so I can't reach it." After the mess was cleaned up, I called Allyson back to explain why I hung up so suddenly. Allyson unsympathetically responds "That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to do something like that if I didn't have to clean it up". I know I've got it coming. I remember well all the projects Allyson would get herself into and the mess it created. Amazingly my mom never prevented Allyson from fulfilling her "ideas" that led to extreme messes. I have a new respect for my mom.
(Earlier that day we made Heart shaped Sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. I'm guessing that is where the new love of powdery substances came from)
(Earlier that day we made Heart shaped Sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. I'm guessing that is where the new love of powdery substances came from)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ahhh i love emily she is so funny she already knows her weakeness and she expects you to keep them from her haha she new the whole time when getting it that it was a bad idea but she just couldnt help it.
ReplyDeleteHey Collette! That little Emily- so DANG CuTE! I just love this age- I mean the things they say and do- you just can't help but laugh! She is a doll.
ReplyDeleteWe've had our fair share of baby powder messes. Don't know what it is about the stuff, and not that I want to scare you, but once my girls discovered the powder it was only the beginning of such messes! Emily is seriously so cute and I LOVE that she told you that you should have kept it out of her reach!
ReplyDelete