
When I was a teenager I once had a Youth Leader who had this quote "Expect nothing be not disappointed." I'm the type of person who needs this advice. I often have huge expectations and then when it doesn't turn our just right I get really disappointed. My Birthday is one of those days. This year I set my standards extremely low for my Birthday. As mentioned before, Sundance sucks Bart away and I usually end up feeling really bad. This year I did some mental rehearsing to remind myself to help me not be disappointed. The plan was to basically go to work come home and get in my most comfortable pajamas and find some sort of cake to eat while watching the Biggest Loser with Emily.
In reality I actually had a great Birthday. I enjoyed a lot of Happy Birthday wishes on Facebook that day. I had a couple of presents to open from my sisters. Allyson gave me this fabulous pan that make these cute mini cakes and Sarah gave me a cute polka dot bag.
The ladies that I work with in the Preschool classroom took me to lunch and gave me these flowers with a nice card. Then they made me a Birthday Crown, just like the ones the kids get on there Birthdays to wear, and brought me in a Happy Birthday cupcake.
My mother in law invited me to dinner that night and made me a yummy lemon cake. I don't know who enjoyed it more me or Emily. My practical husband Bart, at the last minute I'm sure, had arranged for my mother in law to buy and wrap up a shoe brush and polish. He told me that was the only thing he knew I needed. Of course he is right, but I told him he subconsciously gave me the polish because he knew I want new boots to polish right?
As planned we came home, got in our P.J.'s and watched the Biggest Loser while eating more cake. *As a side note I was defiantly not the Biggest Loser this week. Too much cake I suppose. While watching the show out of nowhere Emily burst into singing the Birthday song to me. That made me feel good. The best part was Bart called to wish me a Happy Birthday and told me he was coming home early to spend some time with me. I know that was a huge sacrifice, especially when he found out he missed Elton John that night. I really appreciated his thoughtfulness.
So the moral in all of this is if you expect nothing and your husband gives you shoe polish for your Birthday it's kind of nice.
since i am a emotional maniac lately with my hormones ha i almost started to cry ha......emily is so nice to you and i think she will always make your birthday the best just randomly bursting into your birthday song that is so cute and bart came home yea!
ReplyDelete