Monday, October 12, 2009

Dick Pace Road



Growing up I wasn't quite sure what my address was. It really didn't matter because you couldn't find my house with an address anyway. Mail came to PO Box 6 (yes just one digit). My mom sometimes referred to us as living on Hilltop Drive. Well for Mother's Day I was trying to send something to my mom via UPS. UPS must have a street address so I typed in 480 East 100 North. The official one I used in High School. On Amazon it said "Address does not exist." I know I grew up in the middle of nowhere but it does exist. Anyway I type in some random numbers close to the address and it finally takes one. I figure anyone from UPS assigned to Teasdale would have to be smart enough to figure it out where people live with or without official addresses. A few days later after the gift arrived I asked my mom why her address wouldn't register. She said "Oh a few weeks ago at the court house they changed the addresses. " We now live at 160 Dick Pace Road." I responded with I think it's awesome. Not many people can say they live on a road named after them. I would love to live on Collette Richards Road. Wouldn't you?

4 comments:

  1. That's really cool!

    My parents' address in Missouri was Route 2. That's it. Mail route 2. But about 10 years ago they got a street name -- Reel Avenue. Weird name for a dirt road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I am a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Collette! I didn't know you had a blog- I linked to it from Ambers. How are ya? Your girls are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you just can't beat a view like that! FINALLY YOU HAVE AN OFFICIAL ADDRESS! How great is that?

    ReplyDelete